Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Poker Videos

Poker Videos
Date:       September 10, 2008 02:04AM
Post your poker Videos here.

When you add a video, click reply to this post and the video will post at the bottom. If you continue to reply to the last post, each post will become smaller and smaller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2008 03:07AM by DrCheckRaise.
Re: Video Posts
Anonymous User
Subject :  Re: Video Posts
Date:       August 20, 2008 01:03PM
Watched this on TV last night and was shocked. Scotty N at the WSOP 2008 HORSE final table. He was sooo obnoxious!

Video Posts Multiple Pages
avatar Subject :  Video Posts Multiple Pages
Date:       July 30, 2008 06:07PM
Video posting is now available within the forum. There is now a video link which opens a dialog box to post a link to a video.

Here is a preview.

The following video sites are currently supported:

YouTube
Google
Vimeo.com
Break.com
Ebaumsworld

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 04:46AM by DrCheckRaise.
Re: Poker Videos
avatar Subject :  Re: Poker Videos
Date:       October 10, 2008 10:53AM
Date:       October 19, 2008 01:39PM
Date:       October 21, 2008 10:53PM
Very nice!

You can sleep when you're dead!
Date:       October 26, 2008 03:43PM
Doyle Brunson as a '50s gangsta, haha. I've seen old WSOPs from the early 90s on TV, and they're just not as fun to watch--the hole-card cam obviously made the game much more viewer friendly.

"Colorless green ideas sleep furiously." --Noam Chomsky
Date:       February 08, 2009 08:59PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this is by far not the poker player you wanna be! this has got to be possibly the funniest poker video ive ever seen.
Date:       February 09, 2009 06:00AM
That's funny. I can't want until we start doing video cam so we can see some of these people explode as well...
Date:       February 10, 2009 09:36PM
funny you mention that....if youd like i can start posting videos of my play. they arent as funny as the last one i posted cuz i tend to think im a little smarter than that, but it could help as a strategy tool. i am up for mabey doing a parody of that guy though!
Date:       April 30, 2009 08:00AM
I thought I'd try my hand at 10 tabling SNG's as a start and then work my way up to see how many I can handle. Here is some of the action!!

For more details on this experiment go to my DCR Blog, DonkeyKong's Lair

Donkey Kong
Date:       July 08, 2012 07:02AM
Best Poker Blowups: Hellmuth vs. Bellande, Poker After Dark
Who is right?

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2012 07:04AM by monmiss.
Date:       July 08, 2012 08:06AM
Like I am going to decide which one of these high rollers are correct... But I will...LOL

Bellande is correct. Because Hellmut made a bet, and because Bellande called, the action is on Hellmut to Show his hand or muck it. Simply saying good call is NOT an action. Hellmut must expose his hand or muck at this time.

What few people know is this... let's pretend that Bellande made a flop bet and there was no turn bet or river bet, then Bellande would be obligated to expose his hand first. The LAST aggressor is who is obligated to show their hand first or muck it.
Date:       July 08, 2012 02:29PM
I agree. Helmuth was obligated to turn up his cards or muck since it was Bellande who called Helmoth.

The scenario where there is a flop bet and then the action goes check, check, just happened this past Tuesday in a local tournament I was playing in. I was dealing (each player deals, no dealer) and someone i didn't recognize raised in early position. The BB called and then the action went check, check, check. The preflop raiser was insisting the BB was obligated to turn over her hand. Since I know the rule, I corrected him and told him he needed to show his hand first. He said BS, that;s not how it works. I explained to him that I have been playing poker longer than he has been alive- I know the rules- and if you want to win you better show your hand. Reluctantly he turned up his cards mumbling that he was positive that is not how it works.

When he turned up his cards I could see why he didn't want to. He raised from early position with J-4 o
Surprisingly, he did have top pair and won the hand
Date:       July 08, 2012 08:56PM
How does Bellande make the river call? Q and AA on the board, was Hellmuths river bet too small? Had he made a bigger bet do you think he could have won the pot?

And what about poker etiquette? Phil was trying to make the point that he wasn't talking about the rules but of etiquette. When we play, we must follow rules. Good lesson for us when we play homes, to clarify the rules 1st.
Date:       July 08, 2012 10:14PM
The etiquette he was referring to was this.....

When a called hand surrenders, you do have the right to see a called hand, but it is poor etiquette to do so because it is almost calling someone a cheater. The rule of seeing a called hand was to be able to prove collusion between two players at the table.

Now, this is far fetched but suppose that Hellmuth had the better hand, but said good call, placed is cards face down onto the felt and pushed them towards the dealer surrendering the hand. If the other player in the hand said, I want to see that hand, he has the right to, but it is poor etiquette. The dealer must then take those cards and tap the muck with them. This kills the hand. If the dealer fails to tap the muck with the cards then the cards are still live and if they beat the other and the pot would then be awarded to Hellmuth. Thus eliminating an attempt to chip dump. When he taps the muck they are dead and it does not matter what they are.

As to the other question posed... how did he make the call?

What Hellmuth did and didn't do made him able to make the call. When Hellmuth Checked the turn in the dark that was very telling. Someone who flopped top pair would not check dark. The ace comes on the turn.. and the second ace on the river makes it less likely he has an ace... So Bellande assumes he has no ace and no queen which means that at best Hellmuth has a nine....So he may have thought he was out kicked by j9 or k9. That is why he called but cautiously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2012 10:16PM by DrCheckRaise.
Date:       July 08, 2012 10:21PM
I think the small bet on the river is what actually caused Bellande to be cautious in calling. As he said, he was expecting Phil to make a bigger bet which Bellande would have picked off as a bluff. When Phil made the smaller bet that looked like he wanted a call is when Bellande went into the tank.
Date:       July 08, 2012 10:29PM
I call that a value bluff....
Date:       July 10, 2012 05:49AM
Dealer makes mistake

[youtu.be]
Date:       July 10, 2012 07:23AM
Definitely a good reason to always leave a chip, chips or token on your cards till you muck...
Date:       July 13, 2012 11:25PM
Phil Helmuth Blows up and slow roll etiquette

[youtu.be]
Date:       July 15, 2012 01:34AM
If the point of poker is to get the most chips, why is slow rolling considered the worst thing you could do?

[www.google.com]
Date:       July 15, 2012 07:04AM
You are confusing Slow Roll with Slow Play. Two totally different things.

To slow play a hand would be to flop the nuts and let everyone else bet if they are betting and not give away the strength of your hand. That usually is good play and can result in big pots if your hand holds up.

A slow roll comes at showdown when there is no more action at the table other than to show your hand. It is when someone looks at your hand and is SLOW to expose their own WINNING hand, giving you false hope of winning. It gives your opponent the impression that he has won when he has not. It is really insulting and very often will inspire some heated remark at the table. It is also something that really is almost impossible to take place online, because the software is usually in control of when the hands are exposed.

Many people confuse the two terms. Even at LIVE games... I have said to someone .. ''that was a little slow roll wasn't it? and the guy would say.. you bet it I didn't have to.. Obviously not knowing what I was talking about because again a slow roll has nothing to do with the betting and everything to do it exposing your hand when the hand is over.
Date:       July 15, 2012 09:01AM
In all the time I have been playing, I never heard that before. Thank you for the correction.
So if someone flops, just for example, a royal flush, and they take their time calling a raise, since there are more cards to come, that would not be slow rolling?
Date:       July 15, 2012 09:20AM
Correct.... That would be slow playing... Now lets say that in a different hand you made it to the river with an Ace high flush. And you exposed your hand and said, ace high flush.... and I had not exposed my cards... and waited, and maybe I said... that is a good hand... very nice indeed... giving you the impression that you won, and then said, But not as nice as my strait flush....(we see that in NON-Poker movies all the time)

That is slow rolling and a major insult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 09:28AM by DrCheckRaise.

Online Users

Guests: 46
Record Number of Users: 5 on May 20, 2017
Record Number of Guests: 336 on May 12, 2017
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2017 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.