Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at admin@drcheckraise.com for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Re: (Edited) Exploiting the "conspiracy/internet fears" to your advantage.

(Edited) Exploiting the "conspiracy/internet fears" to your advantage.
avatar Subject :  (Edited) Exploiting the "conspiracy/internet fears" to your advantage.
Date:       December 31, 2008 07:36PM
Time to get this started. I'll keep it short to start.

We all see the players who rant and rage about flushes and straights. If there is a player to make a note on or if you are lucky enough to have one on your table, it can be to your advantage to enter hands with position on this type of player.

The spots won't be abundant, but on a 2 to a straight or flush board or board that pairs the turn with middle or bottom pair. Let this opponent try to protect 1 pair then bluff when the scare card hits. Smooth call the raises until the card hits, to represent a chase.

It works better on subscription sites and freerolls than live because you get alot of players who think online is rigged against them.

Couple of important things to making it work and it won't always;

1) Use it only when the player is passive or slightly titlting, not super tilting.

2) Use it when the player has enough chips to fold to your bluff.

3) You have to bet as if you have it. NOT ALL IN! Make it suspisious. Look at 2 things, the pot size and the players stack size. Betting somewhere over half but not more than 3/4 of the smaller of the two seems like a good rule of thumb to me.

4) This is not going to work on good players often, but with a little practise you will find it is an effective bluff aginst the abundant new players, tight passive players and super haters!

5) You need to stay in position for the most part, it just makes it easier to dump if it goes bad. Also if the player checks the scare card, most times you have all the info you need right there.

If Players want to fill their heads with false fears, might as take advantage of it. There are plenty that will tell you that they are a sucker for this bluff through ranting blogs and table chat.

Another good place is at the end of tourney against tight players who's stats show that they are approaching their first finals, first wins etc. They just don't want to take the chance. Its not a bad bubble play against a rookie player at anytime really.

Even when you get caught in this one, on a weak table it will set up a great oppurtunity to get someones stack in easily when you have the legit hand, but I will throw in thought on the online reverse later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 09:38AM by jontm.
avatar Subject :  Re: (Edited) Exploiting the "conspiracy/internet fears" to your advantage.
Date:       January 02, 2009 10:13AM
I will add this comment to most of these posts; You will need to get good at your opponent selection or stick to late position to make these strategies work. The top dogs will see right through these. Lucky for us, there are a ton who aren't even close.

For new players, these are great confidence builders and a few alternate pages for the play book.
avatar Subject :  Re: (Edited) Exploiting the "conspiracy/internet fears" to your advantage.
Date:       January 05, 2009 05:46PM
The best is when you float the flop, bet the scare card on turn/river, then read one of the following in the chat box.

"Nice catch donk"
"Nice chase donk"
"Well, the idiots are getting lucky today"
"Of course"
"It always hits"
"Every time"
"This site is so rigged"

and so forth....

lol

-G
Date:       January 09, 2009 07:47AM
That is what makes us smile inside Goblingamer, getting away with it and having them believe it enough to bash your play.

You almost want to show......almost.

You nailed the remarks, they can be as predictable as the paranoid players play!
Date:       January 10, 2009 03:36AM
The last time I typed "nice chase" it was because I had been leading the betting on a bluff and when the 3rd suited card hit and I could check and dump without showing, I needed to disguise the bluff attempt gone bad
Date:       January 10, 2009 05:37AM
Hold that thought Poker1040! That is a good one!

Want to start a topic about table chat, angling, fishing etc.

You have given a great example here. Gonna try to get some live players in to, but maybe you could start it?

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 5 on November 28, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 265 on November 12, 2013
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2014 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.