Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

My biggest leak and the one I struggle with

My biggest leak and the one I struggle with
avatar Subject :  My biggest leak and the one I struggle with
Date:       April 15, 2009 06:45AM
Trying to protect against draws with big pairs or big hands against big draws.

They always feel so huge at the time....like the AA hand that isn't really a bad beat.

When I am playing well, I wait for the turn to hit hard and control the pot, if the draw misses, the odds are down and the pressure to fold is more on them...I need to reread DonkeyKongs turn betting clinic more often.

Flushes and straights felt me too often...because I let them.
Re: My biggest leak and the one I struggle with
avatar Subject :  Re: My biggest leak and the one I struggle with
Date:       April 18, 2009 08:35AM
First off big pairs are the most overrated hands in any 9 handed cash game, unless you hit a set or a boat. Personally I can get away from a big pair easier then from a draw or top pair...simply because if you just happened to be out flopped when you have AA or KK you have more outs with just about any other hand. Another thing is why wait until the turn to hit it hard? Why not bet your hand on the flop to see at least where you stand or charge them for the draw. There is usually no good reason to wait until the turn and give them a free card if they are on a draw. Another thing is when you don't bet the flop when you have a hand and wait until the turn a lot of people will think your bluffing and call a bigger bet on the turn then they should because they may think that they have more outs then just a flush draw or straight draw such as any over cards.

I guess all I'm trying to say is bet it when you have it! When you don't have it you should also bet it because they'll never be able to put you on a hand but choose your prey carefully.

Online Users

Guests: 41
Record Number of Users: 5 on December 05, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 254 on July 05, 2016
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2017 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.