Username:


Password:

Remember Me On This Computer


Create An Account!

 
Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :
 


Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Re: Odds for 2 streets vs. 1- ATTN DonkeyKong

Odds for 2 streets vs. 1- ATTN DonkeyKong
avatar Subject :  Odds for 2 streets vs. 1- ATTN DonkeyKong
Date:       April 18, 2009 03:55PM
DonkeyKong:

A while back you posted the following. Could you expound on this a bit?

"Another thing to remember is that a flush draw is 2:1 on the flop assuming it gets to the river. It is only 4:1 for one more card. So you can give up a little edge in odds on the flop to get it back on the turn. A lot of rookies make this mistake. They think they are getting 2:1 on the flop and make large calls heads up, only to get their odds blasted up there @$$ on the turn by another big bet. You can make it work with smaller bets too. Let's take the $150 from example 3 above and spread it into two bets."

So lets say I am on a flush draw after the flop, and trying to figure my odds of hitting my flush... Should I figure my odds for both streets, or just 1 street? Doesn't it make more sense to figure it more conservativly for one street at a time? Or should I figure it for 2 streets on the flop, and then of course 1 street on the turn? Yikes, more odds to memorize.

Just when I think I have it figured out, I get all confused again. This is so basic, I'm embarrased to ask....but maybe there are newbies on here like me wondering the same thing, so I've stuck my neck out. : -)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 03:56PM by TexasTerry.
Re: Odds for 2 streets vs. 1- ATTN DonkeyKong
avatar Subject :  Re: Odds for 2 streets vs. 1- ATTN DonkeyKong
Date:       April 18, 2009 06:11PM
I think I just found the answer to my own question. I found this on www.tightpoker.com

" if you hold [22] and the flop does not contain a [2], the odds of hitting a [2] on the turn is 22:1 (4%). If the turn is also not a [2], the odds of hitting it on the river are again 22:1 (4%). However, the combined odds of hitting a [2] on the turn or river is 12:1 (8%). For mathematical reasons, only use combined odds (two card odds) when you are in a possible all-in situation."

So the two card odds should only be used in all in situations. Duh, that makes sense.

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 5 on May 20, 2017
Record Number of Guests: 336 on May 12, 2017
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2017 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.