Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Re: old topic but alway relevent getting sucked out on

old topic but alway relevent getting sucked out on
avatar Subject :  old topic but alway relevent getting sucked out on
Date:       June 21, 2009 04:53AM
Im back to my major short coming at this game we call poker. I am always getting suck out on, i want to put my chips in with the best hand but wow the best hand loses alot. I am not talkin about vs DONKS im talkin late in a game vs donks.
I only see this in tourneys cause i almost never put my self into this type of situation in a cash game.
2 examples from this weekend of couse spade club games.
1st
in wsop make up game went out 87th so we down from 800+/- so the player know what there doing at this point.
I am 3rd to act wih kk, postion before me raises so i pop the pot allin he has me covered by 2bb, he calls with 99 and of course 9 flops. if i just called the hand im down to 10bb but flop had ace in it so would have folded. should i just call early position vs raise with kk in my hand, i really dont think so(maybe you can make a case of just callin early in tourney with the donks still playin).

2nd
in playboy game i went out 22nd so again down to good players. I was BB, Sb raises pre flop( i have played earlier in the game with this player and i know he will raise in that position with anything). I call the raise with my favorite sc hand( 56 it seems to hit alot there but dont tell anyone lol) flop come 467 so i hit 2nd pr and str8 drw. with this flop figured i wasnt foldin he bets allin as i knew he would figuring i couldnt have hit any of that vs raise. he had a5 so he also had str8 drw same as mine but i had lead with 66 checked the percentage chart on sc 57/10/33 split. of couse ace hit river and no playmates for me. In this hand the only mistake was callin preflop but i was dominate after flop.

so my major question is how can i avoid these situations, im not sure i can anyone have any thoughts.

sorry for he long note
avatar Subject :  Re: old topic but alway relevent getting sucked out on
Date:       June 29, 2009 11:02PM
Short answer is you can't.

If you played it correctly that's just the way it goes.

Let me ask you this: If you had won those hands, would you be asking this question? Would you wonder how you could have played it differently?

The only thing you could possibly do is to avoid being in situations for all your chips. Does that mean not go all in preflop with KK? No, of course not. The only thing you can do is try to build a big enough stack so that when you do inevitably get sucked out on you are not crippled or out. Easier said than done of course.
Date:       July 10, 2009 06:27PM
If you consistently get your chips in good, then you will get sucked out on what seems like a lot. After all, if you're a 3:1 favorite, you still lose one time in four. And the losses are more memorable, so unless you actually keep track, they may seem to occur even more frequently than that. In fact, for periods of time, they will occur more often.

You can't control the results of individual hands. All you can do is have the better holding when the chips go in / get committed as often as possible.
Date:       July 13, 2009 03:40AM
Good players also avoid big all in pots unless they are way way ahead. If you are more skilled you can make up for it by winning the more marginal sized pots without putting yourself at risk and therefore lowering the chance of getting "sucked out" on. Poker is a game that combines skill and luck. But you have some control over how skill and luck are weighted. Is it 60%-40 or 80%-20% skill vs luck based on the way you play? Think about how you can control that more.
Date:       July 22, 2009 12:57PM
I was going to pose a similar sort of post, so I will add here, taking all that DK has written then the input of others. You have a massive stack, you are hitting the flop with a nuts hand, betting it quite normally and you get an allin shove, which you know you have beaten - so you call and you get sucked out on. Stack diminished, and so a few hands later, same thing and the same thing happens. And again and again and again and your out. All the skill, all the odds have gone against you. So then what do you think, do you think you suck or does the odds book go out of the window on some occassions - because frankly I am sick to death of it.

And I aint picking on small stacks who fire off under p;ressure, I think that ultimately TABLE IMAGE can backfire - you play a wide range and win and people stop believeing - which is what you want. I keep a "I sucked/Sucked upon" chart - I suck when short stacked about 2 in 5 but get sucked upon about 8 in 10. I dont count the ones where I am well in front and in a HU postion call a very short stack, because that is just throwing chips at a problem.

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 5 on December 05, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 254 on July 05, 2016
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2017 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.