Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Re: The Gaps in my game and what I need to practise (CPT part 2)

The Gaps in my game and what I need to practise (CPT part 2)
avatar Subject :  The Gaps in my game and what I need to practise (CPT part 2)
Date:       March 29, 2009 08:34AM
I can't write this whole thing tonight and will need DK to elaborate. One play I have never payed much attention to and must learn is the "squeeze" play. Hearing some of the top players talking, it was more than obvious that it was quite used by the better players. Some moves seemed ridiculus on the surface but with a little thought were brilliant!

Big stacks were not afraid to let a short stack push, 3 players call and then reshove on them all. And the stack didn't need much of a hand to do that, now racing for a huge pot against an all in that was just a move to begin with.

I also definatelly need to call blinds and small raises more for odds more no matter what the starting hand may look like. Just being in the pot opens more doors. The resteal is also a play that I need to work on.

DK put it well in one of our disscusions. I can play solid fudemental poker...its time to get into the more advanced stuff and get good at it.

I'll think of more...just got back from being a "horse" in a 1-2nl session. All be it short session, I did manage to make myself $92 after refunding the buy in and paying the share. Another hot topic in another thread.....
avatar Subject :  Re: The Gaps in my game and what I need to practise (CPT part 2)
Date:       March 29, 2009 05:56PM
Sounds like you had fun out there at the CPT event Jon! You mentioned re-stealing and squeez plays which are all stealing plays. Restealing is so huge. I was doing a lot of it (though probably not enough) in the OFC event yesterday. It is a great way to accumulate chips. A Squeeze play is also another quick way to pickup a lot of chips preflop. The opportunities are not as common in a tight aggressive table, but you do see opportunities in looser tables. Then there's the ever allusive Re-Squeeze, which is like a Re-steal-Squeeze. This play play loves to backfire on me. Everything has to be just right, but when you pull it off it's so sweet.

I was going to post it here, but decided to create a couple topics on the subject in case people are browsing the forum. Hope you don't mind.

DK
avatar Subject :  Re: The Gaps in my game and what I need to practise (CPT part 2)
Date:       March 29, 2009 09:02PM

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 5 on May 20, 2017
Record Number of Guests: 336 on May 12, 2017
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2017 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.