Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Online Gambling Bets on Return to U.S.

avatar Subject :  Online Gambling Bets on Return to U.S.
Date:       May 23, 2013 06:55PM

ONCHAN, Isle of Man—It takes an hour by plane and almost three by ferry to reach this island-country smack in the middle of the Irish Sea. Here, on top of a bluff with magnificent views, is a modern building shaped like a Victorian-era hotel that was once on the site.

It is the headquarters for PokerStars, the largest online poker company in the world by a wide margin. And it is from this unusual perch the company is playing a difficult hand: just two years after being shut down in the U.S., and with its founder living here with a warrant out for his arrest, it wants to return to the U.S.

Read more: [online.wsj.com]
Re: Online Gambling Bets on Return to U.S.
avatar Subject :  Re: Online Gambling Bets on Return to U.S.
Date:       May 28, 2013 05:47AM
Come on the guy is a crook; but, he is innocent until proven guilty; however, I suspect that his attorneys have told him that most likely he will not win and will have to do jail time

"Isai Scheinberg, declined to be interviewed, but through the company denies the Justice Department's charges against him, which are for money laundering, bank fraud and illegal gambling operations. The U.S. has been seeking his arrest for two years, but doesn't have jurisdiction on this 220-square mile island."

I can envision that living on that small island isn't that much fun, except to vacation on; but, he is a billionaire and I am sure he can go to many places on his yachts and private jets and not get caught. But, you can't beat coming to the USA for many things, e.g., New York theaters, Las Vegas, Major League sports, etc.

I do not feel sorry for him at all. Money laundering and bank fraud are very serious crimes.

Online Users

Guests: 41
Record Number of Users: 5 on December 05, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 254 on July 05, 2016
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2017 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.