Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Pure Play gambles on legality of online poker site

Pure Play gambles on legality of online poker site
avatar Subject :  Pure Play gambles on legality of online poker site
Date:       October 07, 2013 04:34AM
San Francisco's Pure Play gambles on legality of online poker site

"What we're doing is legal," declared entrepreneur Jason B. Kellerman, owner and CEO of Pure Play, one of the largest online poker rooms in the world. "We're not a gambling site. We're a subscription-based poker site."

Kellerman insists his Financial District operation breaks no California or federal gambling laws because the online poker tournaments — which award huge cash prizes to winners — are free to enter.

Read more: [www.sfexaminer.com]
Re: Pure Play gambles on legality of online poker site
avatar Subject :  Re: Pure Play gambles on legality of online poker site
Date:       November 09, 2013 09:36AM
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims, it is a duck.

The idea that just because you only pay a monthly fee to play cards and that is not gambling is insane, especially since you are playing for prizes.

I guess if everyone sent in the monthly post card and played for free, would Jason Kellerman, CEO and owner of PurePlay be OK with that?

Then, it would not be gambling because there is no money involved. Of course not, the site would not exist.

I bet Kellerman does not have a public statement that pops up when you sign in at his site that states, "this is a free site, just send in a postcard with this information and you can play for free each month and still win all the prizes."

No, just like at Spade Club and FUG it is hidden in the fine print on a page you have to search for.

Your monthly fee is your bankroll.

I doubt that the Feds will go after Pure Play. But, that being said, many states have banned subscription site poker. I have no idea what the California laws are on this.

Is there a California lawsuit against PurePlay?

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 5 on December 05, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 254 on July 05, 2016
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2017 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.