Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Greetings from the NoPay Staff

Greetings from the NoPay Staff
avatar Subject :  Greetings from the NoPay Staff
Date:       April 10, 2010 02:56AM
First of all thanks to DrCheckRaise for having us here on his forum, we are honored to be here and express our gratitude for the opportunity to represent NoPayPOKER.

You will probably find us quite different to most sites you play at, and we can't prmomise you that it will be to your taste. What we can say is that in a nutshell we are a pretty well established site having been online since 2006.

Four years later we still love it, and we love the community of players we have built at NoPayPOKER where we offer free poker on an equal basis to all players - regardless of whether you are a standard or a premium member, access is open to all tournaments. This is a fundamental philosophy of ours that we would like to keep. A few of the specific and more unique features we have on the site (aside from free poker!) are:

- Bounties. Place bounties on other players for extra fun and chances to win.
- Private tables. Create open or restricted games, SNG, scheduled tournaments, etc.
- Leagues. Sustained play in leagues to reward consistent (and not just lucky) players.

On top of all this we have recently introduced a blog where we open our doors show-and-tell style and let our readers know the kind of things we have to deal with on a daily basis in running poker site. We also have a fine array of educational articles for new and experienced players, and some cool widgets for players and affiliates to use on their own sites and blogs.

Hopefully you can use this forum to keep up to date and chat about your experiences, good or bad. We would also welcome any questions you might have about NoPayPOKER but request any support issues are directed to our support at [www.nopaypoker.com] .

See you at the tables.

NoPayPOKER Support Staff

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2010 04:26AM by NoPayPOKER.
Re: Greetings from the NoPay Staff
avatar Subject :  Re: Greetings from the NoPay Staff
Date:       April 10, 2010 05:20AM
What is FreeDs?

And is this real money these players have won on your leaderboard?

Rank Username Lifetime Earnings
1 rast_i $396,900.00
2 kaly1986 $331,877.00
3 UNCLEALBERT $299,300.00
4 D_M_Vadnais $232,100.75
5 notyou $223,400.00
6 gameboy77 $168,700.00
7 jamie_k $166,000.00
8 KINGDONK $151,509.22
9 BillBill32 $140,439.29
10 marklewisb $128,900.00
11 ftwcupcake $123,912.24
12 KOBE24 $110,000.00
13 StatManTG $107,593.08
14 szeleburdi $105,000.00
15 rankin187 $103,675.90
16 actionjimbo $102,375.27
17 dunning19 $97,500.00
18 rocktalk $96,800.00
19 rodelgue $96,031.65
20 UnkieDonkey $95,000.00
Date:       April 10, 2010 09:01AM
Anyone else as frustrated as me? GRRR! :/
Date:       April 10, 2010 06:57PM
FreeDs are the site currency: 1 Freed = $0.01 USD

For more info see this page: [www.nopaypoker.com]

Also our site map has links to all the pages on the site that explain anything you might need to know: [www.nopaypoker.com]

The winners list is in FreeDs, so divide by 100 for real cash amounts. We wish it was real money LOL!
Date:       April 11, 2010 01:08AM
this is so sad. of all the sites i have ever played on i have no doubt that npp is the worst. they have lots of disconnects and games freeze sometimes for 2 hours. on top of that there is nothing to win there. pityful,just plain pityful. glad i waited for three months for this junk.
Date:       April 11, 2010 03:42AM
The tournament lobby is confusing. Games should automatically sort by start time. The FreeD concept adds confusion. Why not just list the $100 FreeD freeroll as a $1.00 freeroll? Less attractive? The first tournament I played, the software never automatically opened my table and seated me, and when my table was broken down, it did not automatically reseat me. Could never find the tournament lobby or payout table, although that is probably just my own problem, I am sure it is there somewhere.
Date:       April 12, 2010 02:43AM
AceHighBluff - you can sort the games by clicking on the appropriate column header in the tournament list.

One of the lesser known reasons why we use FreeD instead of USD is the fact that at one point we were going to have the Currency float against the USD but decided it would be very confusing for the players to have to deal with a floating exchange rate.

Not certain what you mean about not finding the Tournament Lobby...either double click a tournament you are interested in or alternatively highlight and hit "Details". Alternatively if you mean the actual leaderboard during the game then when you launch the Tournament Lobby (by double click or Details button) then there is a link "Full Leaderboard" at the bottom of the Tournament Lobby popup.

Other items can be found in the Quick Links Dropdown list at the bottom right of the main game page. Just for your info here is a link to the Tounament Payout Chart [www.nopaypoker.com] and it is always worth keeping the site map handy here [www.nopaypoker.com]
Date:       April 12, 2010 09:00AM
Thanks, the tournament leaderboard is what I was referring to and I see where that is now. I know you can sort, but even when I sort by start time, I can't actually see the start time unless I click on each tournament individually. It is getting a little easier though as I see where it says how long until the tournament starts. I like the way the league is set up, nice feature. I also think I grasp the idea of freed's, buying in with them and playing freerolls to replenish, bankroll managementetc. I can't say I'm hooked, but again, I like the SNG league thing, so I'm gonna give it a try.
Date:       April 11, 2010 12:14PM
Im afraid i have to agree here.
I used to play at NPP a while back, but the software was so basic, and constantly freezing and lagging i gave up. Also the lobby community is dreadful. There are moderators there who act as if they are the police, i mean a tiny bit of power has really gone to there heads. The lobby has so many rules, and so many mods waiting to chat ban you (its the highlight of there sad exsistence), i reccomend staying out the lobby. The quality of play is shocking, without doubt the worst i have seen, but it is free, and people never deposit, so you have to accept this.

Recently for reasons unknown to myself i started playing at NPP again, and am glad to say they seem to have upgraded the software and added some new features. I considered the pro's and con's of ''premium membership'' and would suggest it is a waste of time. Premium members get 1000 bonus chips a day, which can be used to add to your starting stack in a freeroll, however you can only add the same as your starting stack (1500 chips start = 1500 extra/ 3000 start) and as the play is so bad, this is not really an advantage worth paying for. Oh and you can also choose what colour your text appears in when you speak in the lobby, again not worth paying for, but the lobby clowns love it, and get quite excited over changing there colour (hopefully your getting the picture regarding the lobby)

Overall i would say NPP is a good place to maybe work on your reads, and have a laugh, but its no place for proper poker. Take a look at the all time winner list, $100,000 freeds is only $1000 and it probably took that guy years to get it.

I'll leave you with this, a few days ago i was looking at the heads up games and saw this in the lobby. A completely pointless conversation between a group of ''players'' ( I use that word loosly) and one of them said ''I just went all-in because im having to much fun in the lobby'' , and by the way you will get chat banned for calling someone a DONK in the lobby, or table chat!!
Date:       April 11, 2010 01:04PM
I just checked it out. I played a "$100" freeroll with 48 players. There were a lot of early all-ins, like at PurePlay in the old days. At the final table, one of the players who had quadrupled up first hand was mindlessly shoving any two suited and was chip leader for a while. I got to the triple up and went out with A3 vs 77 finishing 3rd to win "$12.5" which when you divide by 100 is $0.125. The game lasted the best part of 2 hours. They don't appear to be any antes, like on PurePlay, so a tight player who plays ABC poker will reach the cash 99% of the time. If a game that easy was available for high stakes it would be gold dust. I only encountered one other play who seemed to understand any basic poker theory. That was my first and last game at NPP.
Date:       April 11, 2010 06:56PM
I played on NPP and put them in my recycle bin weeks ago. Did not like this site at all. I'm going to keep looking I really miss PPC and all that played on it.
Date:       April 11, 2010 08:30PM
I agree the play is so slow you fall asleep, I dont have a problem with the all in people so much as they are quickly gone, but there is also no where to see tyhe pay outs and the lobby is all wrong too I agree, especially when trying to find what tourney you are in. I am hoping that with the DCr league there will be better play and nice games, I like the idea of that type, so here's hoping, name on NPP is PuddleJumper smiling smiley
Date:       April 12, 2010 02:58AM
Swighey - as we have said in other posts, the freerolls are really a place where some of the players can re-charge after wiping out their bankroll on the cash games. Conversely the cash games are where you will find some real action.

I wont suggest that you are going to get rich on NPP, lol not for a second, but I would suggest that there are players taking $30/day. If you consider they never had to deposit one cent and never took a subscription then you can't argue that it is great value and most importantly good entertainment.

So it's not for everyone but you don't have much to lose by trying. It's also worth pointing out that we have nearly 100 tournament games per day (don't forget the cash games playing constantly) and $100 FreeD is the lowest we have, $500-$2500 FreeD ($5-$25 USD) are very common and it is worth pointing out that almost all of our games pay out cash directly. We have very few satellites/multi-layer tournaments where you play 10 games just for chance to win a T-Shirt!
Date:       April 12, 2010 02:52AM
Brummyman - thanks for giving a balanced review. We know not everything is perfect but we are constantly working on it.

Some thoughts on the Mods - most sites don't have a general chat area and for us it is a balancing act, obviously we want people to have the opportunity to have fun but we also have to be aware that they can easily make the lobby an ugly place to be.

For those reasons we have always instructed the mods to keep the Lobby EXTREMELY clean and aggression free. Explosions and head on collisions are usually the result if we don't. But saying all of that, they should give the table chat a huge margin for personal expression. The only time they are to intervene is if someone makes a complaint.

Premium membership is certainly not required at NPP, as you mentioned it does add features like Daily Bonus Chips but also a lower withdrawal limit more features when you create private tables like scheduling for up to 200 players or even branding them with your own banners. You can see the full list here [www.nopaypoker.com]

As to the value of Bonus Chips, there are a few tournaments with the label of "BC" where you can add up to 10x or more bonus chips to your starting stack. Obviously at that point the Bonus Chip advantage can be critical. It's worth noting that they have no value at cash tables.

Overall we want to keep NoPayPOKER a site where, for the most part, Free Members have as good a chance of winning as Premium members. There is nowhere where that is more true than at the cash games, where you will find more of the "serious" players. On those tables premium members have no advantage at all except more colours smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2010 03:16AM by NoPayPOKER.
Date:       April 12, 2010 09:39AM
Ok , i looked into the bonus chips a little more, and i was not entirely correct. There are some games where you can add more than double the starting stack, like the 'bc' games and The 10k sponsor game. The sponsor game however is extremely difficult to enter. When i first joined NPP I completed the required $25 worth of offers to get a ticket. The problem is once you have completed an offer and it pays you, the following week you cant repeat that particular one, so after a few weeks you run out of offers to do. I would suggest this is highlighted in the fact that the weekly 10k game only has around 20 players ( 8 people registered right now )
The reduced minimum cashout. personally cant see why you would want to pay for that (1500freeds difference) , but i guess it may be good for some.
Just getting back to the mods, I agree the lobby is quite different from other sites , but come on why so many rules?
I remember one mod, cupcake i think he was, anyway every sentence was followed by ffs (for f&^k sake) then he was chat banning people for going around chat filter!! double standards.
Also do the mods get paid? if not how do you manage to get them to be online every single day for hours on end?
Date:       April 19, 2010 01:54PM
As for the site freezing, it was an issue with our older server (seemed to crash alot) but NopayPoker has had little problems since upgrading which they are continueing to do, to meet the requests of us all.

It is our unfortunate timing, to be joining this forum admist a world wide advertisment virus attack (Advertisers pay you no less than $94.90 US per year simply by clicking the ads) and your unfortunate loss if you let it deter you from NopayPoker which is by far the best poker site out there that pays you to play and cost you nothing to join. Infact you may not even deposit your hard earned money. You may however withdraw CASH through paypal, neteller and moneybookers.

Good luck in all your ventures and ty Dr,

JWB
Date:       April 12, 2010 02:33AM
Yes the list of winners given above (also here [www.nopaypoker.com]) are the top winners on the site based on FreeD (100 FreeD = $1). As an example "rast_i" has won the better part of $4,000 USD in just over a year, so you can take home some real money.

We can all argue about the relative merits of basing the site on our own currency but our thought was that we wanted to avoid a points based system at all costs. You can get some real ridiculous points based systems where you need to finish in the top 10% of the points pool otherwise you get nothing. With FreeD you can build your balance FreeD by FreeD and if you are up, you don't lose that accumulated value just because someone else accumulated more FreeD than yourself.

So you have to managing your bankroll as in any "normal" poker site, you're not managing your points to some arbitrary set of points rules.

The freerolls are generally not the place for real players but the higher limit cash games should give you a run for your money. In most cases the players use the freerolls to cash their balance back up if they get wiped out. Then they hit the cash tables again.
Date:       April 12, 2010 02:56PM
Freeds are Site $$$ 1 freed= 1penny (cent)
Date:       April 12, 2010 03:13PM
oops sorry, some1 already answered that question =)
Date:       April 12, 2010 12:17AM
MINIMUM WITHDRAWAL: $25.00

Withdraw FreeD to your FeltStars account and get...

500% Match Credit up to $200.00!
$1,000 FreeD Bonus
5 x Withdrawal Bonus Chips Bonus (10 x Premium)
PLUS entry into the weekly monthly FeltStars NPP Freeroll
USA Friendly Site

So, if I make a $2,500 FreeD ($25.00 USD) withdrawal to FeltStars, I get credit for a deposit and a free entry to the WSOP freeroll on FeltStars?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2010 04:33AM by Axman.
Date:       April 12, 2010 03:07AM
Axman - It is worth mentioning there is a typo in that entry it should read "PLUS entry into the monthly FeltStars NPP Freeroll", which has been corrected on the main site.

In general we try to allow the players to cash out to PayPal, Neteller, Moneybookers and all of our affiliated poker sites. I cannot comment on the entry to the WSOP freeroll on Feltstars because I'm not certain what they run for new depositors but if that is the deal they give then that is the deal you will get.
Date:       April 12, 2010 04:42AM
Perhaps one of the FeltStars pros could shed a little more light on my question? cool smiley

And for NPP, perhaps you could go into a little more detail on just what those bonuses are and how they work?
E.g., which bonuses show up in which account, FS or NPP, and how does one use them?

Also, will the payouts for the FeltStars freeroll, be in $USD or $FreeD? I hope it's $USD. grinning smiley
Date:       April 12, 2010 08:21AM
I was 1 of the 1st 10 ppl to win in a the 1st Felt game, and the ticket was put in my NPP account, and all I had to do was click it and it transfered it to Felt. (You have the option of taking the 250 Freeds or 25$ at felt = not a bad deal). You do have to verify your account at Felt before it gets transfered there. From what I can tell from their site, it will be paid in USD.

NPP is really a nice site to play at. There is always a game running and even have a few players make FREE games (using their own Freeds) for other players to get a chance to win some Freeds quickly (I know because I make free games all the time for players). The Private game section is a plus feature, players can make their games.

The freezing issues have seem to have calmed down a good bit, had a few upgrades. If your table doesn't load, just reboot site and it will automatically take you to your seat.

The more serious players play the higher stake games, so play is different than the freerolls.

As far as Bonus Chips, some games allow more than just double start stack. The 10k Sponsor game, for example, allows 10k Bonus chips, so you start with 13k in chips vs the other person in with 3k. The Bounty games are also nice way to add to your bankroll.

NPP, like all sites, has its good and its bad, but overall, its a real nice site to play at. smiling smiley
Date:       April 12, 2010 12:39PM
Ok, maybe I'll give it another go and try some of the bigger freerolls. The leagues sound like fun and it would be good to play against other DCR members in high quality low $ games.
Date:       April 12, 2010 05:04PM
was hoping the play would be better in the DCR games but it isnt, esp if you dont get DCR players, I'm guessing others gave out password and they didnt join here, will stick out a week but its terrible play, you have to out donk the donks and its not poker, sad smiley I'm so disappointed good luck all name on NPP is puddlejumper
Date:       April 12, 2010 09:56PM
As for "out donking the donks", I play in many leagues at NPP Monday and Friday leagues start at $100freeds and add $10 freeds per entrant and our Weekly Wednesday leaue is a flat $2,500 freeds (these games are 10 seaters and you need 5 games to qualify), and I almost always find myself in the top 10 the "donks" can't help but give thier chips away and to me they are a welcome site at any table I play!
Date:       April 16, 2010 04:21AM
On every poker site I have played on I have found donks. In order to become a better poker player I have had to better my playing so that I could outlast these donks and feel like someone that can actually play poker well.
I've been playing poker online for less than a year and realize that I still have lots of work to do towards becoming a decent player. Fighting the donks helps and I am improving my game considerably as time goes by.
Sometimes I see really good players in the freerolls that make the most outrageous bets and play like a true donk. While this can be irritating I also see the plus side to it. You often see the same players over and over and it isn't that hard to figure out, after a time, just how these people play the game. If we were casino players that would be getting a read on them. Imagine that suddenly you see this person playing like an idiot or a donk. Now you are going to be confused by them in other games. Which player are you playing, the decent player or the donk? I guess this all is an internet version of mixing up your play.
As for the leagues, some of those games are tough. Players generally are not as all in crazy as people tend to be in the freeroll games. They want to play their best because they want that payout at the end of the week. Remember that you have to play decently in five games and so you have to play your absolute best in each of those five games if you have any hopes of making the cash. smiling smiley
I do hope that you would be willing to give NoPay a chance to prove itself to you as a great site to play. Meaning that you will come and play more than once or twice and perhaps try your hand at both the freerolls and the cash games before you decide yes or no about the site as a whole.
Date:       April 12, 2010 01:23PM
Axman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And for NPP, perhaps you could go into a little
> more detail on just what those bonuses are and how
> they work?
> E.g., which bonuses show up in which account, FS
> or NPP, and how does one use them?
>
> Also, will the payouts for the FeltStars freeroll,
> be in $USD or $FreeD? I hope it's $USD. grinning smiley

As you have spotted, making sense of bonuses paid from two different sites isn't always easy!

You need to sign into NoPayPOKER first to view the pages because they automatically calculate if you are eligible (given what information we have on your account) and what your bonus should be given your withdrawal request. Sign in here http://www.nopaypoker.com/UserSection/StaticPages/General/login.aspx and then visit this page http://www.nopaypoker.com/UserSection/SecurePages/General/withdrawFeltStars.aspx where you can view all of the bonuses and credits in detail.

We decided that to try and clarify things we would call "credits" anything you received on our sponsor's site and "bonuses" are what you receive on NoPayPOKER's site. So you can see that the 500% match is paid by FeltStars, the $1,000 FreeD Bonus is paid by NPP, the Bonus chips are paid on NPP.

We hold daily $25-$250 USD ($2,500 - $25,000 FreeD) Freerolls on NoPayPOKER and a monthly $500 USD freeroll on FeltStars.

Why $25-250 USD, I hear you ask? Because the series of freerolls is called a 10 Fold Freeroll, meaning each of the 10 winning tickets is worth $2.50 USD on NoPayPOKER or $25 USD on FeltStars.

I hope that explains everything but if not....you know were you can find us smiling smiley

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 5 on November 28, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 265 on November 12, 2013
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2014 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.