Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

In Response to Feedback

In Response to Feedback
avatar Subject :  In Response to Feedback
Date:       April 15, 2010 12:24AM
Well, we have received a lot of feedback in the past couple of days and I wanted to let you all know that not only do we appreciate it but that we also doing something about it. Right now we are working on a new download that will address some of the issues, the list of which is below.

This is not an exhaustive list and nor is it all we will do, so please keep the feedback coming.

1. Speed up play by reducing action timeout period

2. Fix double min bet amounts on turn and river for no limit games

3. Add ability to register for league from inside game lobby rather than going to website

4. Make it easier to find tournament lobby for a tournament, and to get to tables

5. Ability to hide lobby chat area (possibly also add some new chat channels, unmoderated)

Thanks,

NoPayPOKER
Re: In Response to Feedback
avatar Subject :  Re: In Response to Feedback
Date:       April 15, 2010 04:16AM
Thanks! cool smiley

To be sure we're on the same page, could you be more specific on:

"Speed up play by reducing action timeout period"
Date:       April 15, 2010 10:27AM
Hi, i've been a member at NPP for just over a year now, and i feel the site is getting abit of a hard time in these forums.
I think everyone has to remember that NPP is a 'free' site, and therefore is going to attract a higher percentage of bad players than any other site, saying that there are also some fairly good players there as well.
I am in a little bit of a different situation to our American friends, meaning the fact im in the UK means I can play on the big sites with my own money.(you will find me on partypoker most mornings, heads up tables, $2 and $5), but i still play at NPP because i like the league games, and its great for polishing your reads / bad players never change style.
Anyway here are some of my suggestions for improving the site, hope you find some useful;

1) This has been mentioned before, but it think a monthly subscription would improve the site. Firstly it would get rid of some of the donks (not all, they are everywhere). A subscription would allow you to increase the payouts, and with less donks and bigger payouts you would attract better players. I think your attempt at the premium membership has clearly failed. I rarely see a premium member at a table, unless it is a mod. I believe this is due to a couple of factors, the fact its optional means most will choose to opt out, the benefits of being a premium member are small, and most importantly i think the cost is unrealistic in corralation to what average players win at NPP.

2) Antes. I would like to see antes introduced into the tournament and even league games.

3) Increasing the 'high stakes' cash tables. At the moment i believe the high stakes cash tables are 20/40 freed, or in real money 20/40 cents. Lets be honest this is not high stakes, almost micro. Since some of the players have won hundreds and even thousands of dollars, im sure there is a group of players who would play high stakes at a much higher level.

4) The site has alot of rules and regulations regarding chat, far to many in my opinion. Also the freed concept is hard for some to grasp at first. The fact your site has players from many different countries means not everyone speaks english. I think it would be a good idea to have a section where the sites rules and an explanation of all things NPP, in different languages would be good. You could get a selection of players to even do it for you. Im Italian myself, so i would write an Italian version.

5) An option of being able to write notes on players, within game play.
Date:       April 16, 2010 10:30PM
Nice suggestions.

In terms of site rules there is the site map which is a great general reference. Also the next version due out n the next day or 2 will have the ability to hide the chat completely. We also are contemplatng adding additional chat channels for both different language communication and unmoderated areas.

Also we have worked on making this client support multiple languages so we are right now doing a Spanish version and a Russian, but would certainly take you up on translating to Italian! Please email support and tell them about this chat and we will send you our file that needs translating from English to Italian. We will bung you some FreeDs for the effort. If we don't maybe you get the Mafia on us anyway! grinning smiley

Your other suggestions are good too and we are adding them to the list.

Ciao!
Date:       April 16, 2010 10:45PM
rockyboa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
[snip]
> 2) Antes. I would like to see antes introduced
> into the tournament and even league games.
[snip]

Not unless they correct the problem of doubling the minimum bet on the turn and river for no-limit games.
Date:       April 15, 2010 02:27PM
Well, probably most everyone starts out as a bad player (and some may say I still am on occasion). And we really do need them so that we can blame our misfortunes on them, right?

But my concern is with the software, and how everything seems to lag. Reducing the time to act, say, won't really solve the lack of crispness in the action and the overall speed of play, IMO. I find most browser-based game clients to have this same issue, although I can't tell you why.

And if we are now having issues with fake anti-virus scans, malware, and drive by hijackings, that indicates a lack of quality control somewhere.
Date:       April 16, 2010 11:35PM
In the NPP forum, the lobby rules and the site map are posted in a few different languages to help the non-english speaking people. Hope that helps.
Date:       April 20, 2010 05:53PM
NoPayPOKER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, we have received a lot of feedback in the
> past couple of days and I wanted to let you all
> know that not only do we appreciate it but that we
> also doing something about it. Right now we are
> working on a new download that will address some
> of the issues, the list of which is below.
>
> This is not an exhaustive list and nor is it all
> we will do, so please keep the feedback coming.
[snip]
> 2. Fix double min bet amounts on turn and river
> for no limit games
[snip]

Correction:

After playing some more this past weeend, I realized that the minimum bet is 2X the big blind on the flop, turn, and river. So, also include the flop bet on your list of possible changes.
Date:       November 28, 2010 06:30PM
I registered at your site a week or so ago and had been playing throughout the day, I left for awhile came back when I started getting this message that my login failed. I messed with this issue for at least an hour or longer, no luck. I did the forgot password link, cant submit it. Will you allow me back on. This happened right when I had at least 2 big game about 2 start. Tried today, same problem.

I go by PokSoliD

Thank you

b0yzlie

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 5 on November 28, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 265 on November 12, 2013
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2014 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.