Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

The Value Of A FreeD?

The Value Of A FreeD?
avatar Subject :  The Value Of A FreeD?
Date:       April 17, 2010 06:10AM
If I remember correctly, when I joined NPP in July 2008 the concept was that the FreeD would be tied to the advertising revenues of NPP. As the ad revenues and profits increased, so would the value of the FreeD, which was at the time set at $1 FreeD = $0.01 USD. Thus, the players would benefit along with NPP as the site grew and became more profitable, which was exciting and interesting.

As far as I can tell, that is no longer the driving concept and the value of a FreeD has never changed (also see notes).

Why is that?

Notes:

How does an Exchange Rate work ?

If you want to determine the USD value of your FreeD bankroll you should take the current exchange rate posted under the left navigation section of every web page and multiply it by your play balance to get your USD cash value.

Example: You have $10,000 FreeDs and the current exchange rate is $1 FreeD for each $ 0.010 USD

Answer: $10,000 x 0.010 = $100.00 USD

[www.nopaypoker.com]

One of the lesser known reasons why we use FreeD instead of USD is the fact that at one point we were going to have the Currency float against the USD but decided it would be very confusing for the players to have to deal with a floating exchange rate.

[www.drcheckraise.com]

10. SITE PROMOTIONAL CURRENCY (hereafter "FreeD" )

10.1 FreeD will be awarded by NoPayPOKER in accordance with terms listed on the NoPayPOKER website. Such terms may be amended from time to time and interpreted by NoPayPOKER at its sole discretion. Beneficiaries will not be notified of any changes to these terms or their FreeD allocation but can check the NoPayPOKER website for the accumulated number of FreeD and the current terms.

10.2 You have 7 business days from the day that FreeD are awarded to your account to contest the number of FreeD awarded and to provide written notice to NoPayPOKER of any error in the number of FreeD awarded. After 7 business days after the date of the award, you will be considered to have irrevocably accepted the number of FreeD awarded and waive any rights to contest the number at a later date.

10.3 All FreeD will be issued on a free of charge basis and have a nil current value. In themselves, FreeD have no intrinsic value but may be used to indicate a players’ right to participate in future promotions or activities.

10.4 Any projected valuation of FreeD are purely a hypothetical concept based on events or promotions that may not transpire. As such, these projected valuations are neither a market place to transact the FreeD or an indication for others to do the same. NoPayPOKER reserves the right to change these projected valuations, and/or the criteria for these projected valuations, at any time and without prior notice.

10.5 Any returns either monetary or in kind, due to FreeD awards will be distributed on a schedule to be determined at NoPayPOKER’s absolute discretion. There is no guaranteed payment associated with the FreeD and past allocations are not an indication of future payments.

10.6 Any returns will be made to the Player’s NoPayPOKER account

10.7 Any projected or estimated values that are directly or indirectly indicated within correspondence, the NoPayPOKER website or any other communications are not binding and may be retracted at any time. There is no guarantee that the Beneficiaries will receive any economic benefit with respect to receiving FreeD.

10.8 You have no rights to pass on your entitlement to other persons and forfeit all rights at death at which point your FreeD allocation and future rights will be cancelled

10.9 You will be responsible for paying any due taxes on your entitlement.

10.10 You must agree to receive all communication via email.

10.11 You must maintain your active player account to keep your allocation of player awarded FreeD. You will forfeit any associated FreeD if your account is deemed to have lapsed, become inactive or have been terminated. The definition of an inactive player account may be found in clause 10.14. Such terms may be amended from time to time and interpreted by NoPayPOKER at its sole discretion. You will not be notified of any changes to these terms but can check the NoPayPOKER website for the current terms.

10.12 Your referral must maintain their active player account for you to keep your allocation of referral awarded FreeD. You will forfeit any associated FreeD if the referral’s account is deemed to have lapsed, become inactive or have been terminated. The definition of an inactive player account may be found in clause 10.14. Such terms may be amended from time to time and interpreted by NoPayPOKER at its sole discretion. You will not be notified of any changes to these terms but can check the NoPayPOKER website for the current terms.

10.13 You will forfeit all rights to FreeD promised or already allocated from any source if this agreement is deemed to have lapsed, become inactive or have been terminated for any reason whatsoever.

10.14 You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, not to sue, and agree that you have no legal right to any action against NoPayPOKER, associated companies, directors, agents or service providers with regard to the FreeD offering, associated payments, prizes or promotions.

[www.nopaypoker.com]
Re: The Value Of A FreeD?
avatar Subject :  Re: The Value Of A FreeD?
Date:       April 17, 2010 08:53AM
Axman if NPP knew you and all of your wisdom came with the DrCheckRaise package they may have turned tail and ran. One thing for sure you will keep them on thier toes and if there is a bright side to this merge its you. I sure hope things turn out for the better, doc has been under a lot of pressure to find a new site. If NPP does what they say and makes the rite changes it just might work out I hope so for docs sake;

br
Date:       April 17, 2010 10:47AM
Well I played for 3 hours and won a 250 free d tourney, got 70 of the little buggers for my time and then realized I had won 70 cents and just about laughed myself into a coma. Then decided (wisely I think) that it was not worth the time to win even one of em. I for one am done....cooked....and ready to go play for some MONEY!!!!! lmao at my own waste of time.
Date:       April 17, 2010 02:27PM
LMAO! Congrats on your win anyways!
Date:       April 18, 2010 05:22AM
LuckyLady777,

Ok so you played a $250 FreeD game. As easy as it to represent that as the whole picture unfortunately you are missing the big picture. We run these games ALL DAY and $250 FreeD is not by any means the largest payout. Today for example was the $30,000 FreeD Refer-a-friend (more than 100 times the tournament you played in!). Try to win one of these or place highly (if you can) and the amount will immediately be far more impressive than $0.70 and possibly even enough to INSTANTLY withdraw. I feel if that had happened to you then your would not be saying it "isn't worth it" so readily.

Some of our larger regular tournaments for your information:

- $5,000 weekly final
- $5,000 weekly facebook freeroll
- $10,000 sponsor tourney
- $30,000 refer a friend freeroll
- daily $2,500 party poker
- daily $2,500 feltstars
- $20,000 champions tournament

Add to that a freeroll every 15 minutes of either $100, $250 or $500 FreeD, and about 10 leagues per week. Also add private games with money donated by the players.

Finally I would say also that for players worth their salt the cash games represent the best opportunity to make some bank. If the site is so full of donks as everybody says then taking your $0.70 into cash game should be enough to clean up and quickly ramp up to some more sizable bankroll and take your game to the higher quality and higher stakes tables.

It puts me in mind of the marketing promotion run by Full Tilt a coupe years back where they got Chris Ferguson to attempt to make $1000 real money without depositing anything. For those who aren't familiar he tracked his progress in a blog and battled it out in lame freerolls until he made like $1 of real money. He then grinded his way through penny tables day after day and eventually worked his way up. He made it, and if I recall it took him many months.

I am not saying one needs to go through such an experience and indeed most prefer to take the shortcut route and drop $100 of their own money into a site and try their luck from there. Sad fact though is that less than 5% of all players are profitable, so that leaves 95% of people whose shortcut just looks more like a pay cut.

Admittedly I digress, but my final point is that NPP can't afford to drop $50 into the pocket of ever new player who comes along and wins a little freeroll. I am sorry if that is what you were expecting. If we could we would, believe me. Truth is to make the same kind of money you're used to on paid sites you have to build up a bankroll because there is no really easy shortcut to get $100 into the system since we don't take deposits. It is not for everybody, but it is poker and if people could just understand the basic concept it would really help avoid short-sighted posts that clearly are written based on some pre-conceived notion that this is like a paid site.

One thing I can guarantee though: it will be easier to make $30 of actually withdrawable money on NPP than it would to make the same on any other paid poker site on the same basis of absolutely no cash investment. In fact on most sites you couldn't do this even if you wanted to because they just wouldn't let you take the money anyway.

For the sake of fun I would make to you a proposition: try to get to 2000 FreeDs. If you do I will double it for you instantly, on the condition that you write a short summary of the experience you had in getting there. I believe that in doing this your opinion would change and you would see the site for what it really is, i.e. a place to learn poker or improve your game and try new techniques and so forth in a risk free environment with the added bonus of being able to win real money.
Date:       April 18, 2010 06:11AM
NoPayPOKER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
[snip]
>
> It puts me in mind of the marketing promotion run
> by Full Tilt a coupe years back where they got
> Chris Ferguson to attempt to make $1000 real money
> without depositing anything. For those who aren't
> familiar he tracked his progress in a blog and
> battled it out in lame freerolls until he made
> like $1 of real money. He then grinded his way
> through penny tables day after day and eventually
> worked his way up. He made it, and if I recall it
> took him many months.
>
[snip]

Actually, he went from $1 to $20,000 the first time.
[www.chrisferguson.com]

And the second time he went from $0 to $10,000.
[www.fulltiltpoker.com]

Some good advice on bankroll management in the above links.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2010 06:20AM by Axman.
Date:       April 19, 2010 06:55AM
Yeah I knew it was something like that. Pretty impressive.
Date:       April 17, 2010 07:09PM
Congrats, Lucky Lady! Let me know where you're playing, and I'll be glad to come over and donate some non-FreeD. grinning smiley

When it's safe to go back in the water, I would like to make enuff at NPP to at least cash out my FreeD for some USD. cool smiley
Date:       April 17, 2010 07:18PM
I play at Felt stars under the name LuckyLadyppc, yeah I would like to get my hands on some non free ds lol. Man I miss ppc, it was such a good site and now its hard to find another, but the Doc tried. Good luck to you all. I will play on the npp until my subscription runs out I guess. Good luck getting the 4k in free ds in order to cash out 40 bucks, you can do it. One dollar at a time lmao.
Date:       April 17, 2010 09:05PM
Hi Axman I hope you took my comment as a compliment.

br
Date:       April 17, 2010 09:30PM
I did...and thanks!
Date:       April 18, 2010 04:49AM
The FreeD is still susceptible to change. In the very early days we were running a loss but figured it best to keep the FreeD at 1 FreeD = $0.01. Then we began to make some profit and truth be told we just about managed to hit the 50/50 share as promised, i.e. we were actually making 50% and giving out 50%. (note that 50% is not 50% profit by any stretch of the imagination since we have to pay for servers, support staff, people out of that too!).

Then...the economy went down the toilet. Ad revenues all but dried up and we began losing money hand over fist as we say in the UK. We considered dropping the FreeD rate but again decided we owed it to the players to to keep the value stable, meaning using our own money out of own pocket again for many, many months. The economy has still not even close to recovered what it was and ad revenues reflect that for all businesses.

In an effort to keep the site afloat we knew we had to get back to at least a 50/50 split again, so we figured the best way was to add more features and stabilize the software. That was about 4 months ago and we added quite a lot of things, we truly did stabilize the servers a lot, and the net effect is that we are clawing our way back gradually.

Let me just end by saying that running NPP is not like running Full Tilt or any kind f paid site like it, and anybody who even thinks there is a remote similarity is dreaming. Like we said when we first introduced ourselves to this forum we love the game of poker and we are both sensible and fair in our decisions to run our business so that we can keep it going for the people that enjoy playing there. You may not be one of those people personally but for all our faults we do have some supporters and some people who win real and reasonable amounts of money. You should ask yourself why so many free or sub based sites have come and gone and I will tell you plainly the answer: because they thought it was a get rich quick idea, threw loads of money into it (probably from idiot investors), ran out just as fast and then realized there was not much they could do to recover their losses. Yeah great so there was a site you could win a decent amount of money at for a few months (and I say good job to everybody who did), but you have to know it was obviously to good to be true.

Going back to FreeDs we will continue to honor our 50/50 statement just like we honor everything we say and always have done. If we get to grow to the right levels we will make it worth $0.02, or whatever is appropriate.
Date:       April 18, 2010 05:19AM
Thanks for the reply and addressing the issue.
Date:       August 18, 2010 02:20PM
It looks to me like the value of a freed has recently been cut in half!!!! It now takes 2 freeds to equal a US cent??
I don't see any mention in this forum?? Am I missing something??
NPP must be certainly making more money now than in the past because they have a lot of high profile, brand name sponsors, (not just Gamevance or whatever that was) plus the bonus chips and optional membership fees. Do I sense greed here again?
Date:       August 18, 2010 05:38PM
OK, so you are correct, NPP have well and truely hammered home the last nail in the coffin. You now have to earn 200 freed in order to win 1 usd, and 8000freed in order to withdraw $40.
The whole sorry state of affairs has been coming first they upped the withdrawal limit from 3000 freed to 4000, then introduced the whole 'premium membership' saga, which included the 'bonus chip' nonsense, they then brought in the rake on cash tables and only allowing non premium members to play with 50% of their stack, and now they cut the value of the freed by 50%.
Not only has this finally ended NPP (Anyone in any doubt is deluded, 4-6 months left at best) the way in which it was brought in was not much short of theft. They should have given players warning, as many would have had a large amount of freeds in their balance, which now have lost half their value. I had 30,000 freed a couple of months ago which i withdrew, if i had kept them in NPP, my 300usd would have dropped to 150usd.
As one would expect, the 'mods' were coming out with their usual bullshit 'the economy is bad' 'its still free' and the best of them all 'this will actually make me play better, as i will value the freed more'.
For the mods and a small group of loyal $%^& this will have no effect as they use NPP as a social networking site, a chat room really, but for people looking to play poker NPP has lost all credibility, yes there are people who play poker for fun on the internet, but they still have to have the chance of winning some money.............8000 freed for $40 (or £25 if you are in the uk) NO CHANCE.
If anyone reading this runs NPP, you know what you have to do, close it down, work out where you went wrong, and come back again.......just like you did with card crusade before.........and any players reading this with a large amount of freed in your balance, withdraw them asap as the site is on life support.
Date:       June 07, 2011 03:16PM
I'm pretty new to NPP (3 days) and I just cannot understand anyone who would knock the chance of earning free cash whilst playing the awesome game of poker for FREE. What is there to complain about?! I started with 10freed and worked my way to almost 700freed in a few days playing freerolls that didn't cost me a thing! With some savvy playing in cash games with 700fd i have the potential to earn a modest sum! Yes there are paid for sites that you can earn more quicker but the highest chances are with you to lose your investment. If you gaze over to ZyngaPoker on Farcebook you'll see the same free poker wrapped up in a greedy blanket of revenue grabbing scoundrels that give nothing back. Zynga has millions of players willing to play for free and even pay for freechips that have no cash value whatsoever. So there are plenty of people willing to play for hours with no endgame result other than an imaginary chip stack that no withdrawals could be made with. Zynga are insanely successful with their poker offerings. NoPayPoker deserves more respect for the awesome FREE poker hub it is.
No complaints from me. If anything i'm thankful !

RUNE_A
Date:       June 07, 2011 08:53PM
To each his/her own. If NPP makes you happy, that's all that matters.

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 5 on November 28, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 265 on November 12, 2013
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2014 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.