Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at admin@drcheckraise.com for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Re: Bonus Chips and Paypal

Bonus Chips and Paypal
avatar Subject :  Bonus Chips and Paypal
Date:       July 29, 2010 04:07AM
Not too long ago npp introduced Bonus Chips (BC) that one could PAY for (through Paypal) and have a larger stack to start a tourney.

That makes" No pay poker", of course, no longer an accurate description, but oh well.
npp even advertised that , in the BC tourneys, one had almost no chance to win unless they bought BC. True

BC could also be used in a lot of other tourneys.

Then the number of chips that could be used (in a lot of tourneys) was increased.
This, of course, increased revenues for npp. Makes sense. These people want more $$$
So, I bought BC and I had an advantage in a lot of tourneys. (as designed) . I won more freeds than I would have won w/o BC.
Everything is hunky dory until about a week ago. Now I am unable to purchase BC through Paypal and npp is blaming Paypal even though Premium memberships to npp are available through Paypal!!!!
Seems to me like a big ripoff. Looks like npp wants players to PAY for premium memberships and premium memberships are grossly overpriced. Only premium members have access to BC!!

RIPOFF???
avatar Subject :  Re: Bonus Chips and Paypal
Date:       August 03, 2010 04:36AM
Not a rip off, Tom and you've been around Nopay to know that. There was a problem with purchasing BC thru PayPal which upset a lot of players, it wasn't just you smiling smiley
The problem appears to be solved as BC can now be purchased using FreeDs instead. Go here to read: [www.nopaypoker.com]

I like BC as they do come in handy, especially for bounty games and some of the short stack games. I like being a Premium member too, as that gives me 1000 per day to play with.

As for you, I think you might be selling yourself short. I've played you quite a few times and I'm certain that you could win many tourneys and games without those extra chips. You are a tougher opponent than you give yourself credit for.
Date:       August 03, 2010 09:48PM
Unequal starting stacks gives an initial advantage to those with bigger stacks. Whether or not they can effectively take advantage of it, is another question.

My experience is that it makes some players resentful, and they may refuse to play (personal experience), and it doesn't promote a player-friendly environment. Your experience may vary.
Date:       August 05, 2010 03:12AM
I haven't run into any resentful players yet. I do sometimes run into players that ask me how did I get such a starting stack and I tell them about the bonus chips.
If a player doesn't play, eventually the blinds will take them out and that would be a shame. Not much sense being in a game and not playing. besides, it has been my experience that the short stack players are the ones you have to look out for LOL
Date:       August 05, 2010 03:31AM
I meant the resentful players would probably just leave the site, and you wouldn't necessarily know it.
I did not mean that they would just sit in a game and not play.
Date:       August 06, 2010 02:55AM
I certainly would hate to see that happen sad smiley Nopay is a very nice, friendly site and we work hard to try to keep the members happy.

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 5 on November 28, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 265 on November 12, 2013
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2014 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.