Username:

Password:

Remember Me On This Computer

Create An Account!

Poker Forums: :Events Calendar: :Poker Glossary: :Live Poker Chat: :

Click on the player below to listen to the latest show. If you would like to have this weekly radio broadcast posted on your website contact me at [email protected] for the code.

Your DrCheckRaise Staff

Your Administrators

DrCheckRaise

Axman

oklajohnny45

Monmiss

Your Moderators

Monmiss - Poker Clinic

Monmiss - FaceBook Member Page

Response to NPP Blog

Response to NPP Blog
avatar Subject :  Response to NPP Blog
Date:       August 18, 2010 06:23PM
While checking statements that the value of a FreeD had been recently devalued by NPP (which is true as it turns out, i.e., 200 FreeD = 1 USD now), I recently ran into this blog post at NPP. My reponse follows:

“NOPAYPOKER IS THE ONLY PLACE TO GET FREE POKER AND REAL CASH!” – TRUE OR FALSE?
Posted on 17th May, 2010

I made the statement above at another forum and was brought to task by one of the forum moderators who gently suggested it wasn’t true…

…Or perhaps I’m just a little too passionate about NoPayPOKER and make dangerously sweeping statements. So allow me add some detail to my claim above.

At one extreme, if you suggest NPP is the only place to get free poker and real cash and your criteria is exactly that, any amount of free poker and free cash, then I’m obviously wrong, even a traditional poker site allows that to some degree with freerolls etc.

On the other extreme, if we look at only NPP’s specific feature set then of course we are “unique”, it would be hard not to be unique given that criteria.

I would suggest that the claim is still true, at some level in between those extremes, if you take into account specifically the facts that:

you cannot deposit at NPP – this knocks out all traditional sites

you have access to all of the games without buying a subscription – this knocks out all of the subscription sites

the service is offered indefinitely – this knocks out any promotions or trials

prizes aren’t awarded on a points system – this knocks out most of the remaining sites that may come close!

That last point is very important and requires some explanation – we have come across a number of sites that are free and allow the players to win prizes but they are almost invariably based on some point system which frankly, IMHO, sucks. Why? Because, for example, on a typical point based system you are only awarded prizes if you are in the top percentile of the players playing over the day/week/month etc.

So I could choose my opponents carefully, play winning poker yet at the end of the day/week/month end up with nothing!

In addition, with a point based system you develop your strategies to take advantage of the points rules. So it is nothing like active bankroll management of currency and certainly doesn’t help you develop your real bankroll management skills.

That point may not be that important if you spend 100% of your time on your point based site but the fact remains you are developing skills for a specific site and not poker in general.

So my claim should have been “NPP is the only place to get deposit and subscription free poker based on a currency and not points, 100% of the time”.

Not a succinct and marketing friendly statement but more easily supported! If you disagree with my refined claim above, then please comment below so we can keep an eye on our competition!

[www.nopaypoker.com]

My response:

"Ax_man Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
August 18th, 2010 at 4:12 pm

You said:

“you have access to all of the games without buying a subscription – this knocks out all of the subscription sites”

Still not true. I have access to all the games without buying a subscription at one of the largest sites. Look at the terms and conditions for “alternate means of entry”, especially if their ads say “no purchase required” (usually in small print or in a footnote).

Also, this site I’m referring to has not yet devalued its real $. grinning smiley "

Note: Since my comment is awaiting moderation, it may not get published─so I'm posting here as well for posterity. grinning smiley Also note that the "another forum" the NPP poster is referring to is this forum. cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2010 09:38PM by Axman.
Re: Response to NPP Blog
avatar Subject :  Re: Response to NPP Blog
Date:       August 20, 2010 09:05PM
Update 8/20/10:

As expected, my post got "unmoderated", i.e., not published, LOL. grinning smiley

My post now just says "False", and is awaiting moderation. We'll see if that gets published. cool smiley
Re: Response to NPP Blog
avatar Subject :  Re: Response to NPP Blog
Date:       August 27, 2010 06:13PM
Update 8/27/10:

My post "False" did get moderated and did get published. Kudos to NPP! grinning smiley
At least they do tolerate some amount of dissenting dialog.

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 5 on November 28, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 265 on November 12, 2013
Poker Forums | Poker Glossary | Top Users | Terms of Service
Copyright © 2014 DrCheckRaise.com

Created by Design Magic and powered by Phorum.